Friday, September 01, 2006

In Monteray.............yay!

Okay, so we are in Monteray.........and it is beautiful. We had a wonderful day. We had a nice leisurly breakfast and the we were off to check out the Aquarium and see some fishes.
And these guys......


Then we wandered off to lunch at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. Did you know that they give you signature glasses when you buy 22 oz of brew? Killer, eh?

We had a lovely lunch-and then were off to rescue our boys in the truck. We drove a few extra miles and parked on Pacific Grove and walked along a path which I later found out was called Lover’s Point (cute, eh?). The boys were their normal selves all excited to be out and about and excited about life.

We probably walked for fifteen minutes when Jesse suggested we have a seat on a bench overlooking the ocean. I was excited to sit down b/c my feet hurt like crazy. The next few moments will forever be thought of as the best moments of my life. Jesse put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. He kept on telling me how much he loved me and kept on asking if I loved him in return. He didn’t get down on one knee, but then again, he didn’t have to. What he said and did made me feel more loved than ever and the happiest girl in the world. He said that he loved me so much and that the best way he could show it to me was by asking me to marry him (as he pulled out a small wooden box from his pocket). Seriously, it felt like time stopped and I was just staring at the ring and kissing him. He was like, “Wait, you can’t get this until you say yes.” I couldn’t even speak, let alone think-but I can never remember being happier.


From there, we snapped some pictures and then walked back to the truck. I felt like I was walking on air. The rest of the night was just a fairytale. We drove along Carmel and admired the houses in which Thomas Kincade used as his inspiration for those magnificent paintings.

After that, it was phone calls. Lots and lots of phone calls to share our great news with all of our friends and loved ones!

2 comments:

pstvnrgy said...

Congratulations! :)

Mike said...

Awesome! Congratulations to the two of you. It's difficult to express the happiness I feel for you guys in electronic format so I will reserve it for when you arrive back home in Grand Rapids

- Mike